But seriously, I've got one of those billion plus VCR's that is eternally set to 12:00. Not because I don't know how, but because the setting procedure is such a pain in the a--.

On the empeg right now it is very simple. Down, Left, Left, Down, Down, twist knob for hours, Left, twist knob for minutes, press in knob.

Same thing for the date basically.

One think I am hoping 1.1 has as an option is to sync your PC's time to your empeg. That will make it even easier.

Personally, I want some sort of clock on the screen since the Mark 2 has a real time clock. Since my old radio had one in the dash, I got used to it, and even though I wear a watch, I was still looking to the dash first. (Just like how I look to the corner of my screen now). Luckily Kit came up with a nice hack to get a clock on screen, so those of us who wanted this functionality have it now, without being beta testers for empeg. And having a real time clock also introduces all kinds of other possibilities. I'm hoping one day that if I work an 8-5 shift and have to worry about traffic, my empeg will wake up in the morning and record the traffic report for playback once I get in the car.