Originally Posted By: hybrid8

:P

As you understood, my post was jocking and friendly, and I am perfectly fine if you don't like Italia wine smile

Obviously it was also a (self)ironic post, as, while there hopefully are not people that extreme and grotesque around, pride for food culture is very Italian and at times it gets a bit too extreme. Which I find narrow minded, to be honest.

It is good what you like. If statistically Italian food, to use your example, is considered good, I am glad, but still, I am perfectly fine if one considers it awful. Taste is a very personal matter, and as long as you're happy with what you eat or drink, and are happy with what others eat or drink, that's all that matters.

That's the reason, though, why I have to disagree when you mention "real coffee" (or "expresso"). American Coffee, or UK Cofee, or French Coffee (they are all different!) are all "good" if you like them, and definitely they are all "real".
I too tend to prefer Italian coffee ("espresso"), but it is just an "accident" that I fall, in this, in what is supposedly the majority. I do know "American Coffee" very well, and in all honesty I like that too quite a lot. It is just a different drink than Italian coffee, and one can drink both.

And, I am perfectly fine if you use the word "espresso" in whatever way you prefer smile

Quote:

I have, personally, three different Bialetti "machinetas" at home - my oldest one I've had for perhaps 15 years.

It is, actually, "macchinetta" singular ("macchinette" plural). It simply means "little machine" (you use the same word in many other contexts) and it is one popular name of the more correct "caffettiera", which is the home coffee maker, tipically by Bialetti, as I said. I am just bringing information you may be interested in, here, not at all meaning you're supposed to spell it right. smile

Quote:
Quote:
And, in fact I also know little about soccer.:)

You mean football.

No, that would be in the UK. I meant "calcio". wink
Don't you use the word "soccer", in Canada (as in the US)?

Quote:
Yes, the ultimate pressure and temperature control is going to make for an amazing cup, however even a modest home quality machine is going to produce
[...]

I would not know about how better it is than other types of machines.

I own Bialetti coffee makers of various sizes, as you would expect in a typical Italian house :), but they are not being used much since I got this from Ikea (rebranded. it is actually Whirlpool), few years ago:

It is quite powerful and coffee is really close to that from a bar wink as I like it.
Not that I like the coffee from the old-fashioned coffee maker less, but this one is fast ("espresso" ;)), and that is convenient in the morning rush smile
But, it is also quite pricey: 350/400 Euros, circa. It'd better work well and for years to come.
It is indeed possible that less expensive ones are just as good, but I've often been disappointed with other coffee machines friends have, so decided to invest a bit more on it, as I use it quite a lot.

I am now planning to buy an American Coffee machine, also, but I haven't made any research on that, yet smile
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg