I meant to update the thread when I found out about the hardware change and pre-orders sometime last week (or was it the week before?) Oops.

Boxee works on PCs now, and the Boxee Box was a small PC by all accounts and remains so now. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be an issue, as the hardware is pretty straight forward. The software is where all the problems can come up. wink

I'm still REALLY waiting for them to fix the skip/seek performance. If you queue up more than a couple of skip operations the video playback just stops for an inordinate amount of time. I want (need) to be able to hold down any of the skip commands and have Boxee whip through the video for as long as I'm holding and start playback immediately when I release.

Does Amazon charge your card when you pre-order? I'd do it, but I'm curious as to where else the box will be available. I'd rather pay for it out of my PayPal account than get charged extra points by my credit card company for a currency conversion plus convenience charge.

Edited by hybrid8 (17/09/2010 00:09)