I don't know about you, but my amp gains are turned almost all the way down, and I still listen at around -20db! I can't imagine making the voltage on the preouts any higher, and like tony said, you can run into problems if the voltage is too high.

I also think that video in the car is useless, but that's because I like to *drive*, and drive hard. Leave that toy for the suv drivers.

You're fond of saying "audiophile", but the empeg really is already at audiophile quality. Once higher sample rate (as in >44.1KHz) digital audio files become at all common, I'm sure the empeg team will take that account. I admit, I'm a little surprised they haven't done that already. Probably problems finding capable parts.

Now, I don't want to imply that there is no room for improvement, that would be stupid. Like that VR ability that was promised so long ago...but I digress. I personally like the look of the unit; when I grew up, that kind of screen was what was used on all the cool equipment, and LCDs are, well, boring in comparison. That said, an external panel option could work. But let's give some thought as to how this stuff would actually *look* and *work*.

Fly me to the moon...