Sorry if you thought I was ripping your head off. I just don't see any point in mincing words. At any rate, re a couple of your comments:

I'll defer to Rob's comment about that article; there was a discussion on the BBS earlier, and no one here could figure out how they were getting those values.

Tony's comment is also accurate, as usual. ;)

And re divx--I think the point is that it probably wouldn't be cheap...at least to do it *right*. Somewhat okay video output in a high-end unit wouldn't seem all that desirable, so for that reason, it would cost a lot of money,and you couldn't get away with divx (however you're supposed to capitalize that).

I see your point, if you're driving something like a minivan or such. There could be some utility there..however, there are serious obstacles. I won't go into those deeply, but one of them that immediately comes to mind is that it will be extremely difficult to get a docking connector of sufficient pin-count to implement that.

With the product as it is now, I could imagine using one of the hacks to get the ethernet connection dockable, and then streaming data to something like the gateway version of the iopener, which would then decode it itself.

Fly me to the moon...