Also, as a question, how can u control front and back speakers separately and a sub with only 2 preouts. Can you?

Yes, you can. You just can't do it with the controls on the front panel of the Empeg itself. The empeg only fades two pairs of outputs from its own control panel.

The ways you can control a sub separately are:

1) Use a subwoofer amplifier that includes a remote-control connection for the subwoofer level control. This remote control knob can be mounted on or under your dash. I think they might even make wireless ones, but I'm sure those are expensive.

2) Use a Radio Shack stereo potentiometer and wire up a simple attenuator in-line to your subwoofer cables. Again, mount on or under your dash somewhere. I used to use a cheap amplifier once (not for the subwoofer), which didn't have level adjustments. This arrangement allowed me to adjust the amp's input level the same as if the gain adjuster had been included on the amp itself.

3) Pipe the empeg's output (just one L/R pair, doesn't matter which one) through the aux-in of a stereo that does have a separate subwoofer output.

Of course, you could always do this: Don't bother fading front and back at all. Just run the Empeg fronts to all of your regular-speaker amps, and the Empeg rears to the subwoofer amplifier. Use the amp's input gains to balance front and back to your liking and leave it there. Then the empeg's fader controls the subwoofer/regular speaker balance. I recently switched to doing this and I'm happy.

Something else that hasn't been mentioned yet, either: The Empeg uses a sliding scale for its loudness contour boost (not just on/off). This boosts frequencies mainly in the subwoofer-covered range. I have often adjusted the response of my subwoofer by adjusting the loundess setting. You could do all your subwoofer adjusting this way if you like.

Another thing you could do is to use the empeg's EQ presets to store different settings with different amounts of bass cut. Then switch between EQ presets to change the response of your subwoofer.