Archos products have a place and they have been there for a long time and practically pioneered that space while everyone else ignored it. I'm happy to see them still around.

The rumor about Samsung is "sold" - what I'm saying is that I doubt very much that it's even "shipped" - the product at $200 less than what it is nor still wouldn't make for a decent poor man's iPad, but it's the same price. If an official statement came out tomorrow saying they'd sold 10 units since launch, frankly I'd be less surprised than if they said they'd sold half a million.

I need something to rag on. I'm having an otherwise great time with so many other things that I need to have at least one punching bag going at all times. I was kind of tired of slamming Apple and Boxee. Apple will always be Apple, always coming out with a lot of good stuff with these inexplicable flaws. And at least Boxee is being honest about where they are and how people have reacted to their product.

Samsung on the other hand... I'm really sick of their sub-par Galaxy product line. Look Samsung, any two-bit OEM could put that product together. They've been making the industry's worst mobile products for some 10 years or longer, they've finally gotten into the makeup game - but no matter how much makeup you put on that pig, it's still a pig. wink

BTW, think the best Android product out right now is the Barnes and Noble Nook Color. Android doesn't have to be crap.

As far as tablets go, I think the iPad is going to continue to define that category for at least another few years. It doesn't have to, but the writing is on the wall by just sampling the portable computer and mobile phone market over the past 3 to 5 years. I'm actually very curious what they're going to change/add - it should be a greater evolutionary jump than the bump from the original iPhone to iPhone 3G, IMO.