Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Cactus McCoy: Possibly the most fun I've had playing a platformer, ever.

Thanks, Bitt! That's a seriously fun one! I've only beat the first four levels so far, but that's because I've been trying to beat all the challenges and find all the secret treasure, so I've played each level about 5-10 times. I started the train level about 20 times, trying to get that damn 50-hit combo. Turns out it was challenging because I had upgraded my hitting to level five by then, so I was actually killing my enemies TOO quickly, so I'd have to pick up a low-level skill weapon and make sure I picked another one up mid-combo when the first one wore out. It was frustrating, but it was fun figuring that out.

There's also a ton of variety in the game, so I really appreciate that. I'm also starting to see some really good gameplay ideas that seem far too good for a free flash game. For example, in level four with the chickens, there's a secret chest that requires a chicken to get to. Getting the chicken to the point where you need it is well designed.

In terms of the quality of platformer, for me this doesn't quite out beat Cave Story. There's also much bigger budget console games like Mario Galaxy (the first one was really freaking good). I also have to think back to the Mega Man and the Mario Brothers games.

But to be honest, perhaps is just the "recentness" of this game, but I might have to agree with you Bitt, that this was one of the most FUN platformers I've experienced.

Thanks for linking to it, Bitt!