Siegius - I posted about a similar siege game in last year's thread, I think. This one is similar but on multiple plains, and frankly it's not nearly as hard as the other one was.

The only criticism I have of it (other than it being a little easy) is that I can't figure out how you ever unlock other types of each troop. What I mean is, when you're placing a troop on the battlefield, first you click on the troop type (archer, melee, cavalry, etc), then it brings up three boxes you have to select from, but it only ever has the first one unlocked! I can't see anywhere to unlock the others. I find that to be poor game design, because it means that for an entire campaign, you end up clicking TWICE as often as you need to. I don't think it makes the game unplayable, but it got annoying after a while.

I finished the Caesar campaign (I think, there wasn't much fanfare when it was dond), and now I'm a few battles into the Vercing campaign, but that's about when I'm getting bored with it. Probably because I'm playing it on a netbook...