Originally Posted By: Dignan
The hardware is also a lot more compact than the Touch.

I was always impressed by that. While the physical size isn't all that different, the weight is. I'm guessing the difference is due to the OLED screen and lack of dedicated separate backlight, along with a lower capacity battery from having a more power efficient display. The fact that Microsoft could make a device with the industrial design quality normally associated with Apple was impressive.

Even the newest iPod Touch 4th gen is heavier at 3.56 ounces. Thinness has dropped to 0.28 inches (7.2mm), though height increased to 4.4 inches. Makes me wonder what a newer Zune HD would have looked like.

It's really a shame Microsoft is slow on some of these things. They do still have the ability to compete, but by the time they arrive, the party has moved on.

On the initial topic of the thread, I'll try and compile a bit of a summary soon. I ended up only using the phone as my primary device for a week before needing to return to my iPhone. I knew up front it wouldn't replace my iPhone, but I did appreciate a fresh look at another platform, and do see promise for people who don't currently have smart phones.