Hm, somehow I'd never even heard of Moxi. That does seem to be a more elegant solution than the Verizon DVR or the Tivo multi-room feature, but the $300 price tag on the Moxi Mate is ludicrous. If that were closer to $100, I could stomach the $600 price tag on the main unit no problem.

Update: Okay, so the bundles bring the cost of the Mate down to $200. Still too high for what it does, but maybe not a bad option if the devices last a long time before they die or are obsolete.

I guess what I'm running into here is that we don't use our other TVs very much, so paying $200 for each of them seems crazy. (One of them is in the basement for when I'm folding laundry -- it's great to have, but I wouldn't pay that much to retain it if we changed our TV provider.) This reminds me of when I transitioned from analog cable to digital cable -- suddenly the need to pay for a box on every TV meant I needed to decide how much I needed each of my TVs. With Dish, I don't really need to make that choice, but with FiOS, it seems I would have to no matter what route I go for DVRs.

Edited by tonyc (15/04/2011 19:33)