Originally Posted By: hybrid8
The other thing with Bell is you're lucky to ever get their advertised speed for any appreciable part of the month. My 7 megabit advertised connection right now with our local cable provider gets a solid 8 megabits any time of day, every day, every month.

When my Fios is working, I always get the speed I'm paying for (20/5), and sometimes I get even more down (at the moment it's topping out around 26).

Any caps on the internet? The way billing is going today, it's the caps that I end up looking at when comparing service, because depending on what you want to do and when you want to do it, the difference in download speed can be irrelevant.

As long as I've had Fios, I've never had any cap problems, and I'm certainly not light on the bandwidth. I wish I'd monitored how much I've been using, but I know I've downloaded many dozens of GBs in a month and never gone over.

50 Megabit down with no caps is $200/month where I am now just for internet (cable). That's for a business plan, as there's no such thing as unlimited consumer/home internet in Ontario from any provider.

The plan I'm hoping to get for the university I'm working for is the Fios 150/35 for $200/month.