Since I live in the country I have no way to get wired internet to my house. So I’m still living on POTS for some device connectivity. This creates an issue when a POTS line is not available when I’m traveling. I have a current need/want for a POTS to cell “device” and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. The web is full of people claiming these interfacing devices will work for everything and then others that say they are only good for voice since the POTS device handshaking will not work with CDMA. So I’m not sure who to believe.

My current needs:

When traveling in my RV I would like to connect to home and view via a camera the house. I was given some ViaTV Phone model VC50 POTS conference calling equipment that I would like to connect as follows. TV in my RV -> to the conference calling box -> to the “device” via a POTS cable -> to my cell phone via BlueTooth or other. Then when I call home via the cell phone I could connect up to the other conference calling box at home and see what is going on via the TV in the RV.

My main concern here is that CDMA will not let the conference call boxes connect.

Any suggestions on a device or game plan?

Someday I would like to dump my POTS line however I sometimes connect to our cabin via PCAnywhere (POTS to POTS) and I do fax from home at times.