Originally Posted By: Redrum
Originally Posted By: K447

At the POTS end you need to somehow connect to the Internet, where in turn your connection from the cellular end would interconnect.

Thanks K447.

Unfortunately that is the answer I was expecting.

I will have internet in the RV so I could connect as follows but are there these types of devices and services…..

Conference box to -> “Device to connect POTS to my android via maybe BlueTooth” -> Android to -> “Service to connect to POTS, maybe GrooveIP” -> Conference box ...
You can NOT connect a POTS device (data modem) via a cellular _voice_ connection.

At the RV end you must use a data link through your mobile service (cellular, I presume). No POTS equipment or adapters at the RV end.

So you must use something on the RV end that can provide a video link over a cellular data (Internet) connection. What you choose for the RV end will determine what options you have at the fixed (house) end.

Something like Skype on the mobile phone would provide the RV end of the video link with no added equipment. Then you just need to find a way to have Skype active on the house end.

At the house end you may find that POTS is not viable, primarily due to not tying up the phone line with a permanently active Internet modem connection.

Edited by K447 (10/08/2012 13:53)