Originally Posted By: DWallach
...if you shoehorned a GTV box in here, you'd instantly have a very useful device at what would probably still be a dirt cheap price.

While it's a product that I would like, I just don't think it would sell. I also want to observe that if you approach it from another angle, what you're asking for is to put a couple more inputs and a couple more speaker terminals on a Nexus Q smile

Those receivers aren't much more than an amp and some terminals. I don't think you'd still see a price tag of $250 if it had a GTV squeezed into it.

Quote:
I think part of the problem is that there just aren't that many things you *do* with a box like this.

Here is where I completely agree with you. There really isn't a huge range of things you could do, or more accurately, things you would want to do. When I say I want more apps, I'm wanting apps from content providers. I'm frustrated that vudu and rdio aren't bothering to make an app. rdio is especially frustrating since they already have an app on Android, and I'd just like to see a slightly tweaked version of that. Unfortunately, there's just so few GTV users that nobody wants to develop for it.

Originally Posted By: Tim
I didn't even realize you could get a receiver that was that barren.

HDMI is a wonderful thing, isn't it? I'd like better terminals for the rear and center speakers, but otherwise I'm sure I could get by with that receiver.