Originally Posted By: Dignan
However, I have to ask: where do you see the S110 not having GPS? It does according to Amazon...

The Amazon description claims the camera relies on a smartphone app to record GPS data. If that's the case, you could just use gps4cam with any camera. I can vouch for gps4cam, it works amazingly well.

I had a Canon superzoom with built-in GPS for a short while over the summer. It worked OK, automatically writing GPS coordinates to EXIF data, but it wasn't a great experience. You would often have to wait a few seconds for the GPS icon to stay on or risk recording no location data at all. You would either miss a potential shot, or waste battery power letting the camera get its bearings.

The gps4cam app is much better, especially if you have an Android phone with swappable batteries. Most of the time, however, I carry a GPS logger in my camera bag. Batteries last all day and records my location every second. Then I sync it up with HoudahGeo. I've been using that for years without issues as long as your camera is in sync with GPS time.