Marvelous! You've got your first customer, or one of your first, anyway.

And you have your first feature request. smile

On my Nexus S, the remote doesn't fit on screen, and has to be scrolled to get to the Info and Visual buttons. I know I can disable the player display (which I'll eventually do when my Raspberry Pi display project is finished) but until then, can you add an option to shrink the remote to fit the screen size? Perhaps preserving aspect ratio, perhaps not -- either way as long as I don't have to scroll.

Looking further down the road, I'm eventually planning to release the software bits of my remote display project (short video of it in action here). Perhaps you could add support for getting the player display from my display daemon via UDP, instead of via the HTTP interface. This would bump the refresh rate from the current ~1 fps to something north of 20 fps. If that's something you'd be interested in adding, PM me and I'll send you the details of the wire format.

EDIT: Ah, now I see you can adjust the refresh rate, but it's still a bit choppy even if I set it under 100ms. Streaming it via UDP would cut down on the TCP/HTTP overhead, but of course the downside is people have to install something on their empeg. Wonder how hard it would be to add a simple UDP display buffer transmitter to Hijack.

Edited by tonyc (17/05/2013 02:57)