I've got a couple more feature requests for the app after finally using it in my car. (empeg in the car for the first time in 9+ months. Yay!)

1. I'd love an option for a persistent item in the notification bar, so that I can easily access the app by swiping down.

1a. It'd be awesome if the notification item displayed the current track info from /proc/empeg_notify.

1b. And it would be incredibly awesome if the notification item had a few action buttons attached to it -- perhaps the four cardinal direction buttons from the front panel would be a good choice. (I don't think apps can accept long presses of the action buttons, but even short presses would be useful for changing tracks and navigating the empeg menu.)

2. Is there some way you could detect gestures on the remote area and send those out as specific button presses? The obvious candidates are swipes in the cardinal directions corresponding to those buttons on the front panel, but I can imagine all sorts of useful ones. (Gestures like swipes are easier to do when driving than aiming for a specific button on the remote.)