Yeah, you make good points on the keyboard thing -- perhaps it isn't worth the trouble when the empeg's fuzzy T9 input is so fast to begin with.

All of my non-work development projects stalled over the winter, including my RPi project. I did make some progress since I recorded the demo video, including showing cover art, but there's still a fair amount of work ahead to make it stable enough for daily use. In addition to work stuff and family stuff taking up a lot of time, I ran into a bit of a wall on my attempts to reverse-engineer the CAN messages to provide steering wheel button integration and/or develop some kind of custom control panel. Then it got really cold, and suddenly sitting in my garage in below freezing weather staring at hex dumps didn't seem so appealing.

The good news is that your app fits in perfectly as at least a temporary solution, if not a very nice primary interface. I'd still like to get the steering wheel controls figured out, but in the worst case, I'll have something that works pretty well. I actually thought about developing my own Android remote app at one point but (a) I don't have a lot of love for Java, and (b) my Nexus S's screen was too small to reliably use in the car. Now that I have a Nexus 4 and you've done all the hard work, it seems like it could meet my needs perfectly.