Originally Posted By: Cris
Originally Posted By: Roger
Granted, they are expensive, but also very reliable. Since I need the Internet connection to get any work done

But are they actually more reliable than anyone else out there? They use the same exchange equipment s most other providers, on the same copper lines.

Other than the proactive monitoring, on a single line, the service probably isn't more reliable. But when you buy their office product using both BT and TalkTalk's backhaul networks with the option of 3G backup. All from the same supplier, with one block of addresses for all of them, all with seamless failover. Then you're looking at a product that should be more reliable. I doubt there are many mainstream ISP's that offer that sort of reliability in a product without charging a similar sort of premium.

I moved to A&A because primarily they were the only people offering FTTC where I lived. BT themselves swore blind I couldn't get it for nigh on 18 months. Also, hearing nothing but great things about their customer service made me feel less worried, especially compared with having to ring India every time I had a problem with my Nildram ADSL service. I just wanted to fscking shoot myself every time I had to ring them.

Andy M