Originally Posted By: mlord
Okay, same kind of ball park as here on CableTV wiring (DOCSIS 3.0). I pay $70/month for 48/10 w/300GB, plus unlimited transfers from 2am-8am EST each night.

Another $20 bumps that up to 150/10 w/400GB.

UK broadband is weird. It seems to be run by sheep.

A few years ago it was all unlimited, then a couple of years later it was all limited and now we pretty much seem to be back to unlimited.

What unlimited means will obviously vary from provider to provider and some are more unlimited than others.

I'm on 120/10 (cable) and I get a decent service all the time, I couldn't tell you how much data I actually use because despite the router being connected for 22 days, it says I've only downloaded 2.1GB....and I downloaded a 2.5GB file yesterday...it's clearly lying. I pay 70 UKP for this which includes our phone line with free unlimited anytime calls (ex mobile & international) and our cable TV (2 TiVo boxes).

I've played musical ISPs like many of the guys in this thread, nildram, plusnet (pretty much left before they kicked me off - this was a number of years ago when they basically destroyed their service with stealth traffic shaping and changing of service levels), bt and sky. Been with virgin for a few years now and have no regrets.

Adrian