Originally Posted By: sn00p
I've played musical ISPs like many of the guys in this thread, nildram, plusnet..., bt and sky. Been with virgin for a few years now and have no regrets.

I'm so jealous. So you've had five ISPs? In the US, you're extremely fortunate to have more than two broadband options in any given area, and most of the time one of those is going to be DSL. Where I live, I can go with Verizon Fios, Cox Cable, or probably some Verizon DSL service and that's it. Other places might add in ATT UVerse but that's pretty much it.

I'm currently on Fios, but despite the fast speeds I hate it. I get 50/30Mbps, but they clearly do some pretty awful stuff with Youtube traffic. It's so bad that I've had to go in and block some IPs in the router setup so that I'd get routed around to a decent connection with Google's servers. Otherwise I'm lucky if I can watch 240p streams. It's horrible, and they won't admit they're doing it. So what's my recourse? I have one cable company I can try and that's it. If they also do it, I have nowhere else to go...