Originally Posted By: K447
I have found it handy to be able to scan directly into my iPad or even iPhone using the VueScan app which works nicely with my networked Canon MP990 all-in-one.

Nifty. Didn't know anyone had made something like that.

Quote:
A useful trick with VueScan is to 'scan' a page using the iPhone or iPad camera. Works a little better than dealing with regular photos of pages.

I've been enjoying having the genius scan app on my iPhone. The results aren't as nice as an actual scanner would be, and sometimes it takes more than one try to get a good readable scan of a document. But in cases where I need to quickly email someone a paper document as a PDF file, and I'm not near a PC and a scanner, it's invaluable. Example: Today my property management company needed me to sign a document. They emailed me the document. I am near a printer here at work, but the networked scanner is quite a ways away and I'm not sure how to connect to it anyway. So I printed the document on the nearby printer, filled it out, and signed it, then used Genius Scan on my phone to make a PDF of the signed document and email it to the property manager, all in one step.