Originally Posted By: mlord
Originally Posted By: Archeon
Well Linus, I'm not saying it's got to become "Apple-simple", but it does need to become simpler than this for this to succeed.

You are NOT struggling with "the Desktop" here. Rather, you are trying to do embedded systems development without being familiar with the development environment, in the same way that I might were I trying do do this same task on a Microsoft platform.

Ah, so this isn't something simple to do for a Linux savvy person after all? Thanks Mark, that makes me feel better about myself! smile

Simple: Visit The Linux Foundation site and click on the Training tab. RedHat also has a solid curriculum of their own, as do some other Linux vendors.

Ah! Thanks much for that, I'll have a look into it. Looks promising! smile

Wow.. so I just now downloaded the "driver" (not really a "driver", by the way) package from http://home.eeti.com.tw/LinuxDriverDownload.html to have a look.

It's HORRID!! The instructions given are incredibly complex for something so simple. Like they were translated from one language to another, to a third, and finally to English.

And even allowing for Lost In Translation effects, they're just so bizarre in what they want one to do. This isn't Linux, this is just a company with clueless developers or doc writers.

I don't see why they have you reconfiguring the kernel in the first place, since their package doesn't actually include a kernel driver or code -- it appears to just use stuff that is already built-into your kernel.

My sympathies to you.. Good Luck!

Well, that's my hope out the window right there. frown If even you can't put this into layman's terms me for, then I guess I'm totally screwed.
Oh well, Windows 8 licence here I come I guess...