I agree with the disabling new memberships as well, with the caveat that there be some way of contacting a moderator with a photo of an Empeg serial number or something like that should someone pick up a unit on Ebay and have a question or two.

I too still check the BBS a couple times a week and often search for some obscure topic that I know has been discussed here before to get answers to questions I have.

I guess if worst comes to worst, you could make it read only and move any discussion to a Facebook group or some such abomination.

I'm truly sorry about your email problems. My email address has been sullied also by being a blog/forum/host administrator. This makes my current circumstances where I depend on email communication to fund raise for the ministry work I do difficult. In the end, I've offloaded all of my email sending to Mailchimp and set up a special forwarding address for the sender/reply-to so that my personal address will stay clean.

Another suggestion is that it should be extremely simple to comment out the bit of code where it includes the spam message in the flagged post.