Wow, I don't read this board for 2 days (this almost never happens!), and this is the result. wink

Reading up on Tom's first post I can understand it fully. But to be honest, I never even knew there was an option to be sent an email for every new response in a thread. I've always visited the forum an a daily basis and then just read the new posts. No biggie, and I don't need an email to remind me of that. So for all I care, this feature may very well be turned off. (other may feel differently about this, but this is my opinion).

Also, I'm all for it to just close the new registrations. Maybe leave an opening so that new wannabe members can send an email to an Admin or Mod who can then accept this new membership (or not). With the (unfortunate) decline in applications of new (real) members, I can't imagines this would be a big workload.

That said, I really hope this place never disappears. I's been a comfortable little corner of the internet for me, for more than 13 years now (that's more than one third of my life!)
I would be very saddened seeing it go.