I only have a basic understanding of home electrical wiring. I can understand how a light circuit works, including a 3-way circuit, but that's about the extent of it.

Last summer, I think I pretty well screwed up some outlets. We have a freezer in our garage, plugged into an outlet by the door to the garage. I also had a power strip plugged into that outlet for when I needed access to more outlets, as that was a convenient spot but the freezer covered the outlet up.

I also have a battery-powered lawn mower, and the battery has a quick charger. I made the mistake of plugging both of these things into the same outlet, and I assume the draw was too much to handle, because I came home one day to find water dripping out of the freezer frown That outlet - and a couple others on the outside of the house - do not work anymore.

I checked the breakers and they're all on. I've tripped and reset every GFI outlet I can find. What's puzzling to me is that there's a second outlet inside the garage - just in an awkward location for the freezer - and that one works, as do the ones that the garage doors are plugged into in the ceiling. Every switched light in the house also works. It's just three power outlets on the exterior of the house and in the garage.

What might have happened? How do I fix it?