Originally Posted By: DWallach
- Apple Watch: new watchbands (yawn) and new apps. Intriguing is a live viewfinder for GoPro. That's very cool, especially with the newest, tiniest GoPro being quite inadequate in this regard. Unclear if they're allowing third-party developers to write their own watchface apps or not.
No 3rd party watch-faces in watchOS 2, though there is ClockKit for developers to make 3rd party complications for the existing watchfaces. My guess is full 3rd party watchfaces may be a watchOS 3 or further addition.

I don't quite get the new watch straps that wrap around twice, but seems there is interest in them from some on my twitter feed. It's been interesting watching the traditional tech press still not grasp the fashion angle and how this leads to even folks like yourself Dan dismissing that aspect with a (yawn) in the middle of the post. The watch with the wraparound band is notable as Apple is cobranding with Hermes to release their own unique watchbands sold only through Hermes stores or a few Apple stores.

There is also new watch base colors available, with the sport model offering fake gold models. So far I've bought one alternate color watch band, and swap it out from time to time.

watchOS 2 should be interesting to see what real native 3rd party apps can do. The GoPro demo was great to see, curious to see how that works in practice.