Nice desk!

Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
I still look at it and see all the mistakes, like the uneven drawer gaps from free-handing the cuts with a skil-saw

As a fellow skil-saw-only* builder, there are a couple of things you can do to help with that. First, clamp a straight edge for a guide. Don't trust dimensional lumber like a two-by-four to be straight, but the factory edge of plywood is usually (but not always) okay. Which side of the line you put the guide on depends on whether or not the skil-saw motor can clear the clamps+straight edge, but if you can, clamp the straight edge so that any saw wobbles go into the waste, rather than into your good piece. Second, if you're looking for a finished edge, don't cut on the line, cut on the waste side of the line by a few mm, and then sand/plane to the line.

* I actually have not one, but two table saws, both of which are in pieces, and have been since I bought the darned things 6 years ago. Since furniture-making is a distant goal, and I mostly just need a saw to rip sheet goods, the adequacy of the skil-saw makes assembling the table saws a low priority.