Originally Posted By: JBjorgen
Matt, if you're working with anything other than wood, a 4.5 inch angle grinder is a fantastic all-purpose tool you can use to cut concrete, metal, masonry, rusted bolts, etc.. You can also put wire wheels or flap discs on them to clean up rusted or painted metals, etc.. I use mine quite a bit, but then again they don't build anything out of wood here in Mexico.

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure if I have many times that I'd use that. I do have a rusting iron fence that guards a walk-up basement in my back yard. I could use it to get the paint and rust off and repaint it, but I don't think it's worth the effort. It's not the most substantial fence, and the area where the fence meets the concrete is the most rusted. I'm not actually sure what to do about it. Any tips? Or should I be thinking about taking the whole thing out, drilling new holes in the concrete, and starting over again?

Originally Posted By: mlord
I also got the DeWalt cordless multi-tool thing...

That might be more up my alley. I do a lot of drywall cut outs for low voltage plates, and feel like that could make my job easier. Although a good old drywall saw does the job too. But I also need a sander...

Ok I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to buy more tools, which I really don't need. I just got the supplies I need yesterday to replace the shelves in our hall closet. We have a unique triangular-shaped closet that I can't get premade shelves for, and the current ones only come out halfway, so I effectively lose more than half the possible storage space.

I'm going to cut up some plywood, attach cleats to the walls to hang them on, and put a decorative edge on the front like John did to the desk. Wish me luck!