I just went through something similar, or at least related to your problem. I had an eBook that would not display properly on my Kindle due to weird punctuation problems, the most prominent being that every single-quote mark displayed as single-quote followed by a space. That meant every contraction showed as "can' t" instead of "can't", and sometimes the " t" would show up on a new line..

The odd thing was, when I converted the .mobi file to Microsoft Word, the problem was not there. It was only when I changed the .mobi file to plain text that I could see what was happening. Every single-quote, every double-quote was in non-ascii form that Word could deal with in a .docx file, but my Kindle could not. I'm guessing it had something to do with Unicode rather than ascii formatting.

I edited the text file in Word as a text file and after more than 6,000 global search and replaces was able to get a file I could change back to .mobi that the Kindle was happy with. Not perfect, by any means, but readable.

Interestingly, the book was #1 of a four-book series, and the other three (at first glance, anyway) seem to be OK.

It's not likely that my experience will be of much use to you, except maybe if you can create some sort of .txt file from your list of music, the weird characters will show up much more plainly and can be fixed with MS-Word.

tanstaafl.

Edited by tanstaafl. (21/01/2022 22:56)