Originally Posted By: andy
I strongly recommend the Logitech MX Master/Revolution series of mice.

I used an MX Master for years before carpal tunnel made me move to an MX Vertical and then to an MX Ergo.

FWIW, I've also got a Logitech MX Keys, but it's not as nice as my K800. Unfortunately, the K800 isn't as robust as the mice; I went through three in the space of about 12 years.

If you get one, use it with the receiver that comes with it, not Bluetooth. I can always feel the latency on Bluetooth, can't feel it at all with the receiver.

I don't have that many spare USB ports, so I stick with BT. I've either never noticed the extra latency or it doesn't bother me.

Their current Mac software however has been a disaster for me. Keeps losing setting and losing the ability to assign buttons to the keystrokes I want.

I've not had that problem, but I don't tend to tweak the settings beyond the defaults. I think I had to rebind the History buttons to something specific so that I could persuade VS Code to honour it, though. Apparently, I've got those buttons mapped to camera/mic on/off in Zoom as well. I forgot that.

I've had to give up on their Options+ software and use https://better-mouse.com instead.

This looks interesting, though. Might try it out.

Oh and you won't need a mouse pad, ever since I've owned these mice I've never used one, they track perfectly even on my featureless white Ikea desktop.

I use a mouse pad to keep my hand warm, mostly. Maybe I should just get one of those big desk warmer pads...