FWIW, I've been all about the trackpads for years. When you have a Mac desktop, you get a Magic Trackpad, and then everything "just works" and all the gestures do the right things.

For work, I now find myself using a Windows 10 laptop. With the laptop's own trackpad, everything works as expected, but when I plug it into my work desktop configuration (Thunderbolt hub with everything else attached), my new employer has Rules about what can and cannot be plugged in. Wired good. Wireless bad. 3rd-party drivers bad.

Turns out, there are two flavors of PC trackpads out there. The ones that internally process their multi-touch gestures and then tell the computer "scroll up" or whatever, and then the newer "Windows Precision Touchpad", which is some kind of standard which allows Windows itself to decode the multi-touch gestures.

Long story short: if you're looking for a USB, wired, Windows Precision Touchpad, your options are surprisingly limited. Most models use tap-to-click, which means that click-dragging is a kludgy double-tap operation. Nothing is half as cool as Apple's pressure-sensitive synthetic click design, nevermind the lovely glass top so it feels great.