Originally Posted By: tfabris
OK that is amazing advice, thank you.

The way I've got it hooked up now, it "seems" to be working, but I certainly don't want to shorten the life of the board!

I think the life it's most likely to shorten is that of thing you've got it plugged into. As it stands, each of your outputs is line-level when considered independently, but their two "grounds" are being forced apart at speaker-level voltages.

Quote:
On page 44 of this service manual is the schematic of the TV's audio amp section. There's a bunch of common ground pins starting with PGND on that schematic. They might just go to the main ground plane of the PCB, not sure. The schematic has them just tying to the ground symbol, does that mean the board's common ground, or does that mean a special amplifier ground for that section of the board?

Common ground, I think. I can't see any evidence of a separate audio ground.

Quote:
So if that's true, then what you're saying is, my connections to that voltage divider board should be: R+ to R+, L+ to L+, as before, but then, TV PCB common ground goes to both R- and L- of the voltage divider instead of R- and L- of the TV?

Yes that ought to do it.

Peter