What seems to mean the most to me is that there is not one single post from Tony Fabris in this thread. He, in my opinion, has the most cause to feel ripped off.

Heh, the reason I haven't been posting the last couple of days is simply a technical one. With the BBS getting slashdotted, I was literally unable to make any posts at all, even when I wanted to. There were several technical questions on the BBS that I haven't been able to answer, and now I don't know which ones they were.

To respond to your implication: I certainly don't feel ripped off at all. Just because SB isn't making any more car players doesn't make the existing players any less than what they are. They are still the best product of their kind, and I'm glad I own mine.

This will be my car stereo for many years to come. I know that official support will exist for the car players for as long as they've got warranties, and unofficial support will continue indefinitely, in the form of shared information here on the BBS or elsewhere on the internet. Even if there is a catastrophic failure of one of my units, I know that I'll be able to fix it even if it involves taking a soldering iron to it myself. And it would be worth it, too.

As far as the future is concerned: As I understand it, the Empeg team will continue to make great products for SonicBlue, using the same technologies that we've seen demonstrated in the car player. I know that 2.0 WILL happen, so there's no need to worry about that.

The only real remaining question is VR.

Well, if the OEM deals come to fruition, then I'll bet VR is still going to happen. My reasoning? I think that in-car VR is going to be the must-have gadget of the future. The OnStar system is a great example. More and more car makers will be offering those kinds of options, and those who don't have it will be left out in the cold.

And if Empeg does VR for a car manufacturer, they've gotta test it in the real world, right? Well, how better to test it than to give it to an existing user base? Personally, I think VR still has a high probability of happening.