Undeniably, this is disappointing news; no doubt about it.

The Empeg, Ltd. staff members are a wonderful mix of people, and demonstrated the best customer support and service I've ever had the privilege to experience. No Exceptions. They are a group who definitely believed in, and stood behind, the product they sold.

The empeg-car was profitable, Hugo has said as much, however, it wasn't sufficiently profitable to keep. Sad, but true. Excellent, well made, products are hard to find, and, harder still, to keep. It is my hope that I'll be able to enjoy my empeg until that sad day when it finally dies.

For whatever it's worth, in my opinion, the news of the SB buyout of Empeg Ltd. marked the beginning of the end. It was the "Handwriting on the wall", so to speak. Although there were numerous assurances that it would be 'business as usual'; no one can deny, at the very least, the thought crossed their mind that this would be the end of the empeg-car. Think about it, we've seen it all too often; "Embrace, Extend, Extinguish". Even now, we see this going on with CD's themselves.

It's funny how you can think all these lofty things about 'voting with your dollars' (meaning, support those suppliers who provide the best product or service), and it doesn't seem to do any good.

... so let it be with empeg.