Does anyone here have experience with notebooks containing the GeForce2GO chipset?

Yes, and I still stnad with my Always ATI stance. It was somewhat groundbreaking when it came out in that you could play modern 3D games on it, but at low resolutions and a huge drain on the battery. It lacked features that ATI chips usually have for 2D, and didn't seem like a huge advantage. ATI had a Radeon Mobility at about the same time that had less of the 3d peformance, but better looking DVD, battery life, etc... NVidia is basicially a very good 3D chip maker, but the lack the experience I feel is necessary for a good all around solution like what a notebook needs.

ATI did just recently release a Mobility Radeon 7500 chip, and it is about equal to the ATI Radeon 32 meg cards in PCs. Not too shabby for a laptop, and it's currently the fastest 3D solution in the mobile space. NVidia is working on a chip to replace the GeForce2Go, but it's still a ways off from showing up in a laptop. Personally if you can find one, get a Mobility Radeon 7500 based system. Otherwise, decide what is more important. Moderate 3d peformance, but no extra frills on 2d + bad battery life, or poor 3d peformance, but great for everything else. Most laptops I see now in the "brick" range have either the ATI chip or the NVidia one.

(The experiences on the GeForce2Go relayed from an avid gamer friend who had a Dell with the chipset in it. He ended up selling it and went to a lighter laptop by another company with an older ATI chip in it. He now just plays games on his desktop again.)