Thanks to the pics and info here I added a fan to my Empeg as well. Not too hard. About an hours worth of work. Really about fifteen minutes of work and 45 min of being careful.

My unit was locking up when hot. So we shall see if this solves the problem. I will post back with results later when I have a chance to test it out.

On to the details...
I used a regular Pentium style fan. I mounted it to the top with four small pieces of double sided sticky tape. I mounted it in the center of the hole. It fits perfectly. I tucked the IDE cable underneath the drive carrier as suggested. I soldered the positive wire from the fan to one of the pins on the fan header and the ground I soldered the chassis screw nearby. I took advise of the previous threads and put a 150ohm resistor inline on the positive lead. This slows the fan down(maybe 20%). I'm guessing on that. I didn't do any math on finding the right value here, so maybe someone else can give feedback. The tricky part was putting the lid back on. As you may guess the VFD board is in the way. So I unmounted the VFD board and slid the lid on. I put the VFD board back in and assembled the rest of the unit. Everything works.

Thanks to beaker and the rest for suggestions and pics.