The end of the Empeg car player, which desrved a better, more considerate parent than SB.

The ignominius, toss-the-stock discounting to shift boxes off the shelf only a day or two before Christmas - which marketing brain thought that gimmick up?

The cack-handed way that Rob has been dealt with by not being told of the discount to less than a quarter of original retail, and him having to scramble and grovel to match it and deal with the fall out on the European shop site. In his own time. On a Sunday. Two days before Christmas.

(RANT ON)
In spite of my long involvement with Empeg and the fact that I have been the personal beneficiary of much goodwill and generosity from SB via the Empeg team, I find it difficult to restrain my annoyance and growing dismay at SB's actions. This latest cheap shot has shocked me to the core. There may be a reason for it, but it hasn't been explained. In the absence of information, speculation begins.

If I feel angry about something that is for me, "just a hobby" (ha!), then I wonder just how humiliated and upset Rob, Hugo, Steve, Patrick, and Mike feel to see their hard work and brilliantly original design simply binned and tossed into the "Bargain Basement" corner, like damaged furniture kits with no screws at an IKEA store. This is dissing of the highest quality.

I am aware that they have moved on to new work, that they have just brought out a new, even more capable product the capabilities of which are quite astounding and far outstrip that of the car player. I am aware that the future is bright and there is likely to be a new car player, even if it is badge-engineered for some other major car audio manufacturer.

Doesn't stop me feeling DAMNED ANGRY, though.

Merry Christmas, Sonic Blue marketing and sales.

(RANT OFF)
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015