I feel like I should mail Britney some dollar bills or something. If I want that I'll go to a strip club where there's better music.

ROFL!

I mean Elvis and The Beatles did the same thing but they weren't dancing half naked.

I am pretty sure you are too young to remember when Elvis first came onto the musical scene in the 1950's. (I bet Bonzi, Schofiel, Henno, and myself are the only ones on this bbs who do... and I'm not too sure about Schofiel :-)

It was positively scandalous! When he went on the Ed Sullivan show (his first appearance on television, I believe) the arbiters of public morality made certain that the cameras could only show him from the waist up. It was commonly understood among a sizable portion of the population that Elvis, along with all the rest of those Godless, heathenistic, communist-inspired rock and roll degenerates were absolutely and beyond question hell-bent on destroying the moral fiber of the citizenry of the country, and at the very least were harbingers of the coming apocalypse.

So, yes... things change. If there ever was a "moving target" to try and keep an eye on, it is the concept of what is currently morally acceptable.

I promise you that your granddaughter will someday find your concerns about Britney Spears' sexuality as ludicrous as your grandparents' concerns about Elvis seem to you today.

tanstaafl.