1. When the unit is powered down, any button on the remote or front will turn it on.

As Hugo said, this is a bug and it will be fixed.

2. Pressing the "Direct OK" button once turns the unit off.

I worry about having such a fundamental action on a single button. See next item.

3. When in Menu mode, pressing a number button will select one of the menu options (Like, 1=fader, etc)

This has always been my intention. It's just a matter of getting round to it. This also means that power off can easily be done by pressing star then the number that corresponds to "Power Off" - possibly zero.

4. To set presets, hold down a number button (much like head units work now)

The way the remote control works makes this difficult (I was going to say impossible but I've just thought of a way to do it - maybe I'll get round to it).

5. During playback, use the number buttons to select a track on the current playlist (like, 0 and a number for 1-9, etc)

We have plans for the number keys. Not quite like this but far more flexible.

6. I would, personally, change the visual select button to CD-MD CH and make the DNPP button toggle information display. It just seems more intuitive to me for some reason, since the CD-MD CH button isn't used much, while DNPP is overused.

I can't see any overriding reason for it to be one way round or the other. If there is a consensus on this then I might change it.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)