Okay, Tod's player locked up again, and the following new information is hereby offered:

- He is currently running plain-jane 1.03-consumer, with no special kernels or other software installed.

- The lockup does not appear to be a specific song. He has had the lockup happen on specific, small, playlists which (in the past) have played through beginning to end. It seems to happen randomly at any time, and does not seem to be song-related or playlist-related.

- The lockup happened when there was nothing plugged into the player except the RCA audio cables and the power. No other cables were plugged in. It was just sitting on his desk playing music. He is using the AC adapter that shipped with the player.

- I, personally myself, moved the hard disk to the end connector on the drive cable in hopes that it was the bad-connector problem. I did it correctly, by actually moving the drive itself to the other spot on the tray so that the cable didn't have to be twisted in a strange way. This did not change the behavior.

- His player passes a ctrl-T memory test.

- The lockup manifests itself as follows: Music stops playing. User interface stops responding to button presses from either the front panel or the remote. Visuals will continue to animate in "free-wheel" mode as if they were not getting sound input.

- The lockups are very intermittent. Perhaps once a day on average.

- He did not have his hard disk indicator icon activated, so we do not know the state of the hard disks. I have asked him to activate the indicator and report its state on the next lockup.

Anyone? Anyone?