Hmm I'm trying to understand what you mean by "duplicate = does the file exist." That makes sense if you're just downloading into a flat directory structure, but with Empeg's nesting, I don't see how this works.

Real life example: Let's say you have two genre playlists at the root level, say Dance and Pop. Say a song appears in both.. If JEmplode were putting them in the same directory, I can see how it would detect that the second is a duplicate by checking if the destination file exists.. But what if you're just grabbing the entire root playlist? It seems to me it would create a Dance playlist and put the song in there, and then create the Pop playlist and that song would be created again... Based on what you're saying about "does the file exist."

Here's how I would do it: When the user downloads, have an option to eliminate duplicates. Then as each file is downloaded, keep track of the FID being downloaded. Later on, if the same FID comes up from a different playlist, check its existence in the list of files already downloaded and skip it. This might chew up a little bit of memory, but it shouldn't be that bad.

Or is that how you're already doing it and I'm just not understanding?

Off to try the latest and greatest release.