I am having trouble getting beta 9c to sync over USB from my PC.
I have not tried syncing since the weekend I got my empeg (running 8b I think). I bought myself a PC for the sole purpoe of syncing with my empeg so don't know alot about them - I'm a Mac user of 13 or so years with some Unix knowledge (but not that much!)

The only things installed on the PC are Win 98SE, a 10/100 Genius ethernet card, PCMacLan connect and Fifa 99. The area I suspect the problem lies is in the 2 CH Products gamepads I have been using with Fifa 99 used with CVGS on a Mac which I though I'd try out. I have removed these but with no luck.

I can only sync if I reboot the empeg, and emplode and then just upload a single playlist or a single track - anything more will cause the sync error. I will now get the sync error however much I upload until I reboot the empeg and emplode again.

All my mp3's have been created on the Mac and either copied onto the PC via PC MacLan or burnt into ISO-9660 format CDs on the Mac and then mounted on the PC. Syncing over serial works, but I am in the middle of cataloging around 9Gbs of mp3s and would rather not have to do that ;-)

If there is any more info I have left out please let me know. I'm sure I have something set wrong rather than a 'bug' as no one else seems to be reporting problems.

Many thanks for your help

Phil