It shouldn't be able to increase past 0dB unless you release the button and depress it again.
I haven't experienced the volume bug yet, but it would seem that a hard limit would at least stop it from going up to +10dB.

I haven't had the volume bug yet, but it would seem that a limiter would easy their pain (sic). But I've another reason for such a limiter and most likely there are many more people out in the world that would benefit too:

Hugo's advise to adjust the Amps input gain such that at 0dB Empeg's output isn't 'loud' but not overly loud, is not always practical. In my set-up the Amps input is too sensitive for the Empeg's output. So, even with input sensitivity all the way down, Emma can oversteer the Amp: 0dB Empeg is way too loud for comfortable listening. Have a look at CHIPs visuals movie (GREAT job Chip: http://steve.nac.net/empeg) and you'll see that he too plays MP3s way below 0dB (if I remember correctly there are shots at -17dB or so too.) Can you imagine how loud Emma plays at a (stopped) 0dB?

A programmable limiter (max output xxdB) would be marvelous. Many high-end systems offer it. Why not Empeg??

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)