I addressed several of those questions earlier in this thread in what I thought was a reasonably detailed analysis of the bug as I have experienced it. Please take the time to read through it if you haven't already.

Did you post this to the official bugs mail address? If you didn't, then there is no guarantee that a description in a thread on this BBS will even be read by empeg Ltd. Hugo is not obliged to sit and read every thread on this BBS on a daily basis, neither is Mike. The only official acceptance of a report is through the official email addresses, which are posted on this board, in the newsletters, in the upgrade software, the manual, and in the readmes supplied with each free upgrade. Oh, and on the offical website. And the developer site. Yeah, and the two current FAQs as well. Did I forget any?

But the wording of your response gives the impression that you don't recognize this to be a consumer safety issue.

Again, since this isn't the official mouthpiece of empeg Ltd., why should he? Secondly, why should he anyway? The generation of sound pressure is done by loudspeakers and amplifiers, not by the empeg unit. The sound levels produced by your sound equipment are your responsibility and yours alone - a point that seems to be escaping a significant number of people's attention here.

I think it is very instructive to consider Jo Franke's question of what Sony would have to do if they released a car stereo that had this "feature." (Hint: It begins with the letter 'H' and ends with 'ardware Recall.')

Ahhhh - hang on then - so by this reasoning, any head unit capable of reaching a 0 dB output level should be subject to a manufacturer's recall? Damn, that's gonna piss off a lot of manufacturers around the world

So I know what's coming next - the statement "without volition". The answer is the following -

"BETA Software".

Ooops. Or didn't you read that bit of the licence conditions?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015