After much screaming, several bugs, broken nails, cuts and burns, the empeg is finally in my car. And it's so god damn sweet I'm about to go for a drive just to play with it, since it's finally in after a few months. I however have one problem left that I don't know how to fix (and a few minor ones I do). When I turn on the empeg (or the sony head unit that was previously in the dash while waiting for new wires) I get some extremely loud and piercing noise that slowly fades off after about a minute. Went through the crutchfield noise flow chart, first alone, then over the phone with support. They think the amp is defective, as the noise does not come through constantly as it often does with grounding issues. Anyone ever seen this before? Three car audio places have not. Tried adjusting the gains, no change at all. I would really hate to drive in silence while I wait for the amps replacement, and want to avoid more BS with broken bits and pieces (some larger force really does NOT want me to have this thing).

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony