I mean, it's always something. Either you don't have the right plug or part for something and you need to rush to Radio Shack with your car half-dismantled, or you slip and give yourself a nasty cut while trying to pry off an interior panel, or you burn yourself with the soldering iron (don't feel bad, I still do that with alarming regularity and I've been doing it for years).

I never had any of these sorts of issues, but then again, according to my friend, the way I had everything laid out on the table in the garage the night before, perfectly organized, double checked to make sure I have one of everything, and extras of some that I might break, reminded him of the old cooking with the anal retentive chef skits on SNL. I've done enough speaker jobs on A3 VW's that getting a door panel off requires about as much thought as farting. And the soldering iron burn is not the usually tiny ones I've given myself and expected, it's large enough to measure up nicely with the entire length of the hot part, both bars of it.

And what were you doing wearing a diamond bracelet while installing a stereo?

I've seldom taken it off in the past 10 years, feel kinda naked without it. Torneau was quite nice about the damage to the watch (they just handed me a new one when I inquired about getting it fixed) and those nice NYC potholes rattled out the missing pieces of the bracelet from the dash.

Hmmm... you didn't mention a second head unit at first. How are the power and amplifier signal wires connected in this two-stereo arrangement?

It is not a two head unit setup. After the wires came out of the sled, I just continued on with the amp and speakers and put the sony back in in a half assed manner until new wires showed up, then removed it again.

Oh, and this amp is under warranty, right? Where did it come from?

Crutchfield. And they're taking it back. Working on a way to get a temp for the next week or so.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony