Interesting... Interesting...

Genexia, your problem sounds like a kinked cable or something (possibily unrelated to the common "bad connector on cable" problem?).

Smu, this makes sense... I sent an email to support within a minute of creating this thread and even included the URL of the thread in the email. What was odd in my case was that the player was playing fine, then started acting odd, then failed to find my hard drives within a spam of a minute. If I only had 1 hard drive, it would have been harder to trouble shoot this. Having a "spare" empeg lying around was pretty handy too!

BTW: In the above post, I stated that one mp3 got "stuck" at 0:00. I have downloaded this from the player and have not been able to find anything wrong with the file. Winamp, Irfanview and MusicMatch all play it fine. Winamp will play just about anything you throw at it (even a .mp3 with a wrong file extension) but MusicMatch can be finicky...)

I don't have the stock kernal, so I flashed the latest HiJack to the faulty player and it didn't help.

Thanks for all your input guys! (If this does make it to the FAQ, I think I may be personally responsible for at least 5 entries now! ).