Also, I like intel chipsets. I've never had a problem with a peripheral that I wanted to install in a motherboard with an intel chipset. I can't say the same for VIA, SIS or ALI. I hate those brands even more than AMD. If the time ever comes that an AMD cpu will work on an Intel chipset, then I will consider one. (fat chance, I know )
This is my exact reason for sticking with Intel. It's also pretty much the only reason. I know that there are a lot of people that like to dork with their hardware, but I use computers for a living, and the last thing I want to do is argue with hardware configuration for hours or days on end. I'd much rather be arguing with software.

Of course, as someone pointed out, there have been issues with some Intel chipsets as well, but I've never had anything but problems with other manufacturers' chipsets.

And someone also mentioned that AMD gave you more bang for your buck. I was looking just recently, and, unless you're looking at the fastest processors out there, it's just not true anymore. Intel and AMD prices are fairly comparable, and Intel comes out easily on top for me, based on my observations that they're just easier to work with. But if, somehow, an AMD processor were to work on an Intel chipset, or someone could show me that another chipset would work consistently as well as an Intel chipset, I'd jump board in a minute. I'm no Intel fan, but they simply seem to have a more quality solution right now (probably solely because it's the de-facto standard), and as unfortunate as it is, it's not AMD's fault, unless you want to fault them for not stepping up and making a solid chipset of their own.